Dear well… you know who you are (all of you),
There are not enough words to describe how blessed I am to have you in my life. As life goes on I have not been able to see you as much as I wish but I hope you know that everyday I am not spending time with you I miss you. Sometimes life may bring us closer and sometimes more distant, but I want you to always remember that I am thankful for these things:
- For your complete support, no matter what. Thank you for always believing in me when sometimes I struggled to believe in myself. During times when I felt like the world was closing its doors on me, you opened your arms to let me in.
- For being my shoulder and my comedian. You always knew when I needed a good cry or a simple laugh. You always gave me advice even when sometimes I didn’t take it (and I probably should have).
- For showing me how to be a respectful, caring human being. Without you, I wouldn’t be the person I am today and I surely wouldn’t have a passion for helping humanity. You have helped me to always remember to try to be humble and look out for others.
- For the simple “I love you” texts or evening phone calls. I know it seems minor but they mean a million to me because I know in that moment how much you miss me and it reminds me of how much I miss you too. It reminds me of how lucky I am to have you.
- For giving me strength. You are probably thinking to yourself “but how did I do this?”. You did it simply by displaying such strength in yourselves – Mom, you are kicking cancers “derrière” with a smile on your face. You have given me the strength to see my worth and to bring me the confidence I need to go forward with my future aspirations.
- For making me feel deeply and believing in much greater things in life. “Everything happens for a reason” has always been my motto because of you. It helps me get through my struggles to later experience my successes. Thank you for making me understand that no matter what happens in life everything will be okay… as long as we have one another. You proved to me that it is not the possessions in life that make us happy. It is the people.
But most importantly, I want you to always remember that I will always love you. No matter what happens in life. I love you unconditionally and always will. Thank you for giving me the life every child deserves. Thank you for everything and most importantly, thank you for being such encouraging, amazing parents.