It has been awhile since my last post but thank you for being loyal to my blog! I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays and had a great New Year!
As I reflect on our last year I recognize that I experienced some happy moments such as graduating from SLC, meeting Charles, my person and working for the college for the first 6 months after commencement.I am blessed to have been given the opportunity to work for Lush Cosmetics during the holiday season and fell in love with the company and people working for it. I also recognize that it was a hard year for me with my mother’s diagnosis, bouncing from jobs and gaining 40 pounds (give or take).
Enough said about the good and bad of 2016! To hopefully avoid a troubling year, I am making some new rules for the new year:
1) Create a healthy diet and stick to it
2) More working out at the gym – TIME TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT
3) Primarily focus on my physical and mental health
4) Continue to strive for the future I desire
5) Less Lazin’ – more doin’
6) More freelance photography and graphic design
7) Continue to be supportive for my family
8) More ‘me’ time and family time
6) Less Netflix – more reading because I LOVE BOOKS
7) Less spending – even though it is so tempting working at Lush
8) Stay away from my cell phone before bed – because SLEEP matters
9) NO MORE EXCUSES
What I have learned from this past year is that life is going to throw you some curveballs that may slow you down, but everything happens for a reason. If you feel like you are falling behind, remember that everyone has their own clock and it just isn’t your time yet. Your time will come. I believe that 2017 is going to be a better year for me! I am going to focus on my well-being and future. I am dedicating more time for myself and mental health! MY YEAR IS THIS YEAR!